Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Day to Forget

Yesterday was a day that I would like to forget ever happened.

It started out like any other day, me running around like a headless chook because I was disorganised and running late.  I dropped off my eldest daugther at care and managed to get a few things done around the house before it was time to pick her up again.  I drove out the driveway and there were a couple of youths ambling down the footpath - they did look a little suspicious but as usual I was running late....

I picked up my daugther and came home to find the house had been burgled. The thieves must have been those kids as they took only small electronic items (I-Pod, Camera, X-box, games, DVD's, CD's) these would be easy to sell and they took some beer (they actually left our fridge door open). Thankfully, nothing  precious was taken, but they made a big mess and most of the afternoon was taken up with police visit and insurance claims. I am also not looking forward to having to download all my music for the I-Pod again.

But that was not the end of the bad day.......... 


After the police had left and I had cleaned up some of the mess, I was feeding my baby daughter and my elder daugther decided to swallow a $2 coin (for anyone outside of NZ - thats a big solid coin), I rang my husband and he took her to the medical centre for a check. She is ok, the coin found its way (painfully) to her stomach and now we are waiting for nature to take its course and pass it back to us. I have decided to keep it and put it in a jar as a momento.


No comments:

Post a Comment