Saturday, March 20, 2010

Slow going with this AWFUL yarn...

I am tring very hard to finish this sweater for my eldest daughter, its not a hard pattern, its on 4.5mm needles and you'd think that I would have finished it by now considering its been on my needles for 3 weeks! Alas there is a hiccup - the yarn - its AWFUL! its Panda Magnum Soft - a 100% acrylic that my daughter chose for herself so I couldn't say no .... 

It was fine in the ball, seemed soft enough but once I started knitting it I began to hate it - its scratchy, itchy and not soft enough for my liking! Its not that I hate acrylics in general I just hate this one and its enough to make me vow to never buy a 100% acrylic again!

Panda Magnum Soft

I decided to test myself on a different acrylic to see if its just the panda and yes it is, I started knitting with the King Cole Splash I was given and successfully finished the back of a Cardi for my younger daughter over two nights, whilst also struggling to do about 10 rows of the other....... (sigh). The King Cole is fine to knit with - no problems at all and I like the self striping pattern.   I promised myself that I will finish the magnum yarn and then never buy it again.

King Cole Splash

No comments:

Post a Comment