Saturday, March 20, 2010

Yarn, Yarn,Yarn and More Yarn

I have been buying again - very naughty as I am supposed to be on a yarn diet. There are mitigating circumstances though.....

About a month ago I ordered some lovely alpaca from Webs in the USA, it was sooo slow to arrive that I decided to e-mail and complain, they told me to wait another two weeks and if it didn't arrive they would do a trace. Well of course it didn't arrive and they tried to trace - no luck. They e-mailed me to apologise and refunded me my money - of course I was gutted! Anyway, the very next day it turned up!  I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around, so I e-mailed them to say that it had arrived and to cancel the refund, but they refunded me anyway - thanks very much I will definitely buy from you again.
Classic Elite Inca Marl - Coral
Plymouth Worsted Alpaca

Whilst I was waiting for this yarn to arrive, I discovered a gorgeous pattern for Leg Warmers by Marie Connolly  and went on a yarn hunt for some nice 4ply. At the same time, I received a Voucher for $10 to use at Spotlight so I bought some cute merino. - yay more free yarn!

Cleckheaton Merino Bambino

Now that I had successfully bought some yarn for free, I decided to spend some actual money...
I need to make a sweater for a friend's little girl and as she is a very girly little girl so I went in search of a nice pink and bought some Organic Merino from SkeiNZ, for $5 a ball - what a steal, this stuff is a test dye for the Elan Organic Merino which usually goes for $12 a ball and should do the job nicely!

Organic Merino
Unfortunately though it didnt stop there.........just as I was leaving SkeiNZ, I noticed a bin of odds and ends, and discovered two balls of a lovely burgandy DK wool which will be perfect for some Nappy Soakers that I am trying to convince my friends mum to crochet for me.....
Sigh, I promise to be better at my yarn diet next month.

DK Wool

No comments:

Post a Comment